Orange County Appeals Lawyer
Ehrlich Law Firm convinces U.S. District Judge to reconsider summary judgment for insurer in $8.2 million bad-faith lawsuit, allowing case to go to trial
Lexington Insurance withdrew its defense of an obstetrician in a medical-malpractice lawsuit, and refused to settle the claim within its $1 million policy limits, resulting in an adverse judgment of $8.2 million. In the resulting bad-faith lawsuit, the district court granted summary judgment to Lexington in May 2009.
The Ehrlich Law Firm prepared a motion for reconsideration arguing that the district court had incorrectly applied the doctrine of collateral estoppel, and that there were triable issues of fact concerning coverage. The motion was granted on June 24, 2009, and the matter is now set for trial in October 2009. Vaid-Raizada v. Lexington Ins. Co., CV08-01106 DDP (CTx) C.D. Cal.
Los Angeles Appellate Lawyer to File Motion for Reconsideration
We can help you sort out the legal obstacles you must overcome in order to win your case, and prepare a powerful opposition to the following motions:
- Motions under Daubert and Kuhmo Tires to exclude expert testimony;
- Motions in limine;
- Post-trial motions, such as motions for new trial, or JNOV;
- Motions to compel arbitration; and
- Where an insurer has refused to defend its policyholder in litigation brought by a third party;
- Motions to quash for lack of personal jurisdiction
We can also prepare affirmative motions that can increase your chances to prevail, such as motions for summary-adjudication of issues; motions in limine, or motions to remand cases removed from state court to federal court.
Our Legal Services
- Federal and State Appeals
- Writ Petitions
- Writing Support for Trial Lawyers
- Summary-Judgment Oppositions
- Trial / Post Trial Support
- Insurance Claims Litigation for Policyholders