Legal Resources and Links
Help with an HMO
- To get help with a problem with an HMO, try the California Department of Managed Health Care,www.dmhc.ca.gov.
- To get help with an insurance-related matter, including issues with homeowner’s coverage, or health insurance (not provided by an HMO), try the California Department of Insurance, www.insurance.ca.gov.
California Statutes and Regulations
- California Statutes (allows you to search by Code section or keyword)
- California Code of Regulations
- The State of California Home Page
- California State Agencies
- California Supreme Court and Courts of Appeal
- California Supreme Court
- Supreme Court Opinions
- California Courts of Appeal
- Court of Appeal Opinions
- California Appellate Courts Case Information
Legal services for attorneys
People need lawyers because the law is complex. Busy plaintiffs’ lawyers need our help for this same reason. We can help you sort out the legal obstacles you must overcome in order to win your case, and prepare a powerful opposition to the following motions:
- Motions under Daubert and Kuhmo Tires to exclude expert testimony;
- Motions in limine;
- Post-trial motions, such as motions for new trial, or JNOV;
- Motions to compel arbitration; and
- Where an insurer has refused to defend its policyholder in litigation brought by a third party;
- Motions to quash for lack of personal jurisdiction
We can also prepare affirmative motions that can increase your chances to prevail, such as motions for summary-adjudication of issues; motions in limine, or motions to remand cases removed from state court to federal court.
Learn more about how we can help you in, Why retain an appellate lawyer?
Our Legal Services
For Consumers and Policyholders