Published Appellate Opinions
United States Supreme Court
Jeffrey I. Ehrlich, Certified Appellate Specialist
California Civil Appeals Attorney
How The Ehrlich Law Firm can help you with your appeal
When large corporate defendants win or lose a jury verdict, or any type of major case at the trial level, they often bring in appellate specialists to handle the post-trial briefing. Why?
Sophisticated clients understand that the skills that win trials are not necessarily the skills that win appeals, and that appellate specialists are often best prepared to defend or attack a verdict on appeal.
Effective lawyering requires a wealth of skills, and most lawyers gravitate to what they enjoy and what they are good at. While most lawyers are called on to write in the course of their practice, few devote themselves to becoming accomplished legal writers.
Only those with a keen interest in writing are likely to take seminars on writing, read books on effective written advocacy, seek out expert editors and subject their writing to blunt criticism, and then practice the lessons learned on countless motions, oppositions, and briefs.
A look at our bookshelf reveals where our interests lie. It is filled with books on writing, usage dictionaries, and written advocacy. We care about writing well, and have devoted considerable effort to develop and maintain our writing skills. [Sample briefs]
As a result of this hard work, and more than 20 years of practice, we are recognized as being among the best plaintiffs’ appellate firms in California. This is why the Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles – the third largest trial lawyer association in the nation – recognized Jeffrey Isaac Ehrlich its 2004 appellate lawyer of the year.
This is also why Michael Bidart of Shernoff Bidart Echeverria LLP, one of the most successful plaintiff’s attorneys in the nation (and our former law partner) uses us as his appellate counsel.
News related to our landmark cases
- UNUM Life Ins. Co. of America v. Ward, 526 U.S. 358 (1999)
- Ehrlich Law Firm wins a published opinion allowing punitive-damage claim to proceed against Kaiser health plan
- Ehrlich Law Firm wins landmark negligence ruling in California Supreme Court
- LA Checker Cab Cooperative, Inc. v. First Specialty Ins. Co. Depublication Request Granted
- Ehrlich Law Firm wins landmark insurance decision in California Supreme Court
- Ehrlich Firm Prevails in California Supreme Court case
- Ehrlich Law Firm obtains important victory in asbestos lawsuit
- Ehrlich Law Firm wins landmark ruling against Blue Cross of California
- Ehrlich Law Firm wins insurance bad-faith victory in California Supreme Court
- Ehrlich Law Firm wins writ proceeding invalidating Health Net arbitration agreement